The FAA gives you 120 minutes to take 60 test questions.
You should answer these 60 questions within 120 minutes.
The passing grade is 70% or better. Good luck!
Your Test Time Remaining is: minutes
1. (Refer to Figure 21.) You have been hired by a farmer to use your small UA to inspect his crops. The area that you are to survey is in the Devil's Lake West MOA, east of area 2. How would you find out if the MOA is active?
2. Which is true regarding the presence of alcohol within the human body?
3. The FAA may approve your application for a waiver of provisions in part 107 only when it has been determined that the proposed operation:
4. While operating under Part 107 you crash your sUAS into parking lot lighting, which would cost $300 to repair or $750 to replace. Within how many days must you report this accident?
5. The "yellow demarcation bar" marking indicates
6. Which of the following types of operations are excluded from the requirements in part 107?
7. After having dinner and wine, your client asks you to go outside to demonstrate the small UAs capabilities. You must
8. The VFR pilot flying in Class G airspace
9. Which technique should a remote pilot use to scan for traffic? A remote pilot should
10. (Refer to Figure 23, area 3.) What is the floor of the Savannah Class C airspace at the shelf area (outer circle)?
11. To avoid a collision with an unexpectedly large flock of birds, you climb your UAV to 600 feet AGL. A written report
12. What effect does oxygen have on night vision?
13. What is the antidote when a pilot has a hazardous attitude, such as "Impulsivity"?
14. When may a remote pilot reduce the intensity of an aircraft's lights during a night flight?
15. The recommended entry position to an airport traffic pattern is
16. (Refer to Figure 21.) The terrain elevation of the light tan area between Minot (area 1) and Audubon Lake (area 2) varies from
17. Your surveying company is a title sponsor for a race team at the Indianapolis 500. To promote your new aerial surveying department, you decide to video part of the race using a small UA. The FAA has issued a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) for the race in the area you plan to fly. In this situation
18. What is the approximate base of the cumulus clouds if the surface air temperature at 1,000 feet MSL is 70 °F and the dewpoint is 48 °F?
19. What effect does high density altitude have on aircraft performance?
20. (Refer to Figure 25, area 3.) The floor of Class B airspace at Dallas Executive (RBD) is
21. When turning onto a taxiway from another taxiway, the "taxiway directional sign" indicates
22. If the outside air temperature (OAT) at a given altitude is warmer than standard, the density altitude is
23. What is the antidote when a pilot has a hazardous attitude, such as "Macho"?
24. After receiving a part 107 remote pilot certificate with an sUAS rating, how often must you satisfy recurrent training requirements?
25. Rapid or extra deep breathing while using oxygen can cause a condition known as
26. (Refer to Figure 78.) You have been contracted to inspect towers located approximately 4NM southwest of the Sioux Gateway (SUX) airport operating an unmanned aircraft. What is the maximum altitude above ground level (AGL) that you are authorized to operate over the top of the towers?
27. (Refer to Figure 21, area 2.) Which airport is located at approximately 47°34'30"N latitude and 100°44'00"W longitude?
28. (Refer to Figure 78.) You have been hired to use your small UAS to inspect the railroad tracks from Blencoe (SE of Sioux City) to Onawa. Will ATC authorization be required?
29. What feature is normally associated with the cumulus stage of a thunderstorm?
30. To avoid a near midair collision (NMAC) with a manned airplane, you estimate that your small UA climbed to an altitude greater than 400 feet AGL. To whom must you submit a written report of the deviation?
31. (Refer to Figure 15.) In the TAF for KMEM, what does "SHRA" stand for?
32. One of the purposes for issuing a Temporary Flight restriction (TFR) is to
33. The width of a Federal Airway from either side of the centerline is
34. The purpose of Military Training Routes, charted as VFR Military Training Routes (VR) and IFR Military Training Routes (IR) on sectional charts, is to ensure the greatest practical level of safety for all flight operations and to allow the military to conduct
35. When approaching taxiway holding lines from the side with the continuous lines, the pilot
36. A small UA must be operated in a manner which
37. An ATC radar facility issues the following advisory to a pilot flying north in a calm wind: "TRAFFIC 9 O'CLOCK, 2 MILES, SOUTHBOUND..." Where should the pilot look for this traffic?
38. If an unstable air mass is forced upward, what type clouds can be expected?
39. (Refer to Figure 22, area 2; and Figure 31.) What is the correct UNICOM frequency to be used at Coeur d'Alene to request fuel?
40. What is the antidote when a pilot has a hazardous attitude, such as "Invulnerability"?
41. (Refer to Figure 15.) During the time period from 0600Z to 0800Z, what visibility is forecast for KOKC?
42. Which conditions result in the formation of frost?
43. Under what condition, if any, may you operate an unmanned aircraft in a restricted area?
44. (Refer to Figure 49.) Select the proper traffic pattern and runway for landing.
45. Under what operational condition may you be approved to fly without remote identification capability?
46. At approximately what altitude above the surface would the pilot expect the base of cumuliform clouds if the surface air temperature is 82 °F and the dewpoint is 38 °F?
47. Responsibility for collision avoidance in an alert area rests with
48. A person whose sole task is watching the sUAS to report hazards to the rest of the crew is called:
49. (Refer to Figure 52.) When approaching Lincoln Municipal from the west at noon for the purpose of landing, initial communications should be with
50. The CARE attention scan can be used
51. (Refer to Figure 19.) At what altitude is the freezing level over the middle of Florida on the 12-hour Significant Weather Prognostic Chart?
52. The term "angle of attack" is defined as the angle between the
53. As standard operating practice, all inbound traffic to an airport without a control tower should continuously monitor the appropriate facility from a distance of
54. A public UAS
55. (Refer to Figure 22, area 3.) Determine the approximate latitude and longitude of Shoshone County Airport.
56. (Refer to Figure 26, area 5.) What is the CTAF/UNICOM frequency at Barnes County Airport?
57. (Refer to Figure 2.) If an unmanned aircraft weighs 20 pounds, what approximate weight would the aircraft structure be required to support during a 60° banked turn while maintaining altitude?
58. While operating your small UA, it accidentally strikes your crewmember in the head, causing him to lose consciousness. When should this accident be reported?
59. Under what operational requirement would the unmanned aircraft be restricted to visual line of sight operations?
60. When a control tower, located on an airport within Class D airspace, ceases operation for the day, what happens to the airspace designation?